Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pondering Love, Revolutions, and Grocery Shopping

Yesterday was a busy Saturday afternoon at the supermarket.  Some people meandered through the aisles, blocking the way for other shoppers, often not moving their carts to the side to let others through.  Some busy people rushed to cut me off and get into an aisle before I did.  Some people gave my son and me dirty looks because he was running off and wanting to scan everything at the price checkers. 

I came home thinking "where's the humanity?" 

I am not so better than those the perceived rude shoppers. 
I came home fuming, feeling pretty lousy from my shopping experience. 

Where is MY humanity? 

Where is the love?

Later on, yesterday evening, I went to bed with a meditation CD; long needed after a busy day.  I haven't listened to this disk in many years.  It has relaxing flute music and a few words from the Dalia Lama about love and opening the heart.  What a treat!  His voice is soft and he sounded, well kind of like Yoda (because of his accent).  He spoke about Love in such a moving, inspirational way.  

I came to the realization I hadn't applied love and compassion in my dealings with my friends at the grocery store.  I realized I don't always apply those feelings of love and compassion for some of my seemingly difficult co-worker friends.

I realize there are so many places I forget to apply this message of Love.

Tonight on Facebook, people are talking about revolutions.  I am going to begin my revolution at home with my mind.  How could I ever expect to go out into the world speaking about freedom and love, when I haven't mastered it within my own mind, heart, and home... or at the grocery store, for that matter.  How could a revolution ever do any good if it didn't first begin with the seeds of Love?   

No comments: